This loader is for disk type parts where the aspect ratio (Diameter:length) is 1:1 or greater. The part being loaded with this loader was a disk 1.2" in diameter and only .18" thick. The operation of this loader is:
- The parts come down a track
- At the end of the track is a shuttle.
- The last part drops into the shuttle.
- The shuttle slides forward presenting the part in front of the collet. The shuttle also acts as an escapement for the rest of the parts in the track
- A piston on the tooling plate pushes the part into the collet
- The shuttle retracts